Due to the nature of the Chernobyl Exclusion zone restrictions and visitors' application process we suggest our customers to book all the tours well in advance (at least 10 business days). It is important to provide us with accurate information and notify on time about any change of plans in order not to face a financial loss. The tour has an “18 years old” age restriction (to the year). E.g. those born in 2000 regardless the day and the month are OK to access the Exclusion zone in 2018).
Cancellation and Refund: For authorization purposes, only written cancellation notices (by e-mail) will be accepted.
- If you cancel your participation more than 14 days before the scheduled departure – we offer full refund of the payment made to SoloEast Travel minus the bank processing fees if applicable.
- If you cancel your participation in the period from 13 to six days before the scheduled tour day - we offer full refund of the payment made to SoloEast except US $10.00 per person service fee plus the bank processing fees.
- If you cancel your participation in the period from five to two days before the scheduled tour departure - we offer full refund of the payment made to SoloEast except US $20.00 per person service fee plus the bank processing fees.
- If you cancel your participation less the 24 hours before the tour – US$ 50.00 per person service fee will be charged. The remaining balance will be transferred to you except the banking service fee.
- In case of “No Show” – there is no refund of the funds already paid by you to SoloEast.
- There is no reimbursement for acts of mother nature.
Additionally, although SoloEast Travel instructs the bank to handle the crediting process immediately upon notification of the cancellation, it can take up to four weeks for the actual crediting to take place, depending on your Bank practice
Change the date of the tour – is free of charge if the new day of the tour is not earlier then 10 business days from the day when such request is submitted to SoloEast Travel. Changing the date on a shorter notice may be available either free of charge, for an extra fee or not available at all. Please contact our staff to discuss the possibilities as soon as necessary.
Change of participants’ data (number and names) more than 11 business days before the tour is free of charge. Please be advised that you are responsible for the accurate data you provide us with. If it appears that the passport number (name, date of birth) you sent is different from what you actually have in hand on the day of the tour – SoloEast won’t be responsible if your access to the Zone is denied by the police at the check point.
Tour cancellation. SoloEast guarantees to run all the tours scheduled from March 1st to October 31st, and weekend tours (all year round) regardless the number of people booked for the tour. (Exception is if the government of Ukraine or due to the Force Majeure cancels the tour). Tours during the weekdays from November 1st to the last day of February may be rescheduled if the number of the participants is less than three, or tour type and cost changed to a private or a full refund offered.
Our “pick-up” conditions. We can arrange a free pick up for groups of three and more people, if your location is within the central part of Kiev, and if you provide us with the address when booking or at least three days before the tour date. Please note that this provision does not include the drop off arrangements due to the usual evening traffic problems in the central part of Kiev. Otherwise, we can arrange a pick up at your location at extra US $15.00 if you stay within the central part of Kiev and at extra US $25.00 if beyond the limits of the central part. In this case, we will drop you off at your place after the tour.