FOR VISITORS OF THE EXCLUSION ZONE AND THE ZONE OF ABSOLUTE (COMPULSORY) RESETTLEMENT
Can you visit Chernobyl power plant? When visiting the exclusion zone all foreign and Ukrainian nationals shall be obliged to:
- Use clothes & shoes, which maximally protect body, head, hands and feet;
- Comply with the radiation safety rules, health and safety regulations;
- Strictly comply with all instructions of the envoy officer;
- Move around only according to the prescribed routes and by authority of the envoy officer;
- Follow the personal hygienic rules.
During the visit to the exclusion zone it is totally prohibited to:
- Carry any kind of weapons;
- Drink liquors or take drugs;
- Have meal and smoke in the open air;
- Touch any structures or vegetation;
- Sit or place photo and video equipment on the ground;
- Take any items outside the zone;
- Violate dress code (open-type shoes, shorts, skirts);
- Stay in the zone without the officer, responsible for the envoy;
- Gather, use and bring from the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement vegetable and cattle breeding products (vegetables, fruits, berries, mushrooms, plants, fish etc.), which were cultivated on the area of the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement, except specimens for scientific purposes;
- Bring in and bring out of the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement any animals (dogs, cats etc);
- Drink water from wells, rivers and other open water sources. It is allowed to use water only from Chernobyl water supply system, or water from stores.
All instructions of the envoy officer shall be binding for visitors. Photographing and filming on the designated route shall be subject to authorization of the envoy officer. Leaving the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement it is necessary to:
- Pass the compulsory radiation control of clothes, foot wear, personal items;
- Pass compulsory radiation control of transport.
- There is no reimbursement for acts of mother nature.
If contamination exceeds the established control levels, personal clothes, foot wear, and items are subject to decontamination.
Possible irradiation dose is up to 3 microSv, which does not exceed the dose limit of population.
I have read the above stated rules and confirm that I do not have any medical contraindications.