BOOK YOUR TOUR TO STRATEGIC MISSILE FORCE BASE
(Near Pervomaysk 300 km South of Kiev.)
The high light of the trip is being a descent 33 meters down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center!
Take an underground corridor to the massive doors which lead to a self-contained silo-based 12-storey Command Post which could function sealed from the outside world for 45 days.
Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 18 years ago.
Look inside SS-18 'Satan' Intercontinental Ballistic Missile - equipped with up to 10 warheads and 40 penaids - it used to give Soviet Union "first strike" advantage over the U.S. - it's operating range 10,200-15,200 km, Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb) Length 32.2 m (106 ft) Diameter 3.05 m (10.0 ft).
THE COST PER PERSON
|Number of Visitors||Cost US$|
- English speaking guide.
- Air-conditioned transportation.
- Admission cost and fee to be taken down by lift to the Launch Control Center.
- Not included: lunch (we make a stop in a cafe on the way back)
We usually start our tour
at 8 a.m. or as agreed
- Drive Kiev - Odessa Highway around two hours, make a left turm to Holovanivsk and then anothe 30 minutes to the outskirt of Bobuz'ke village.
- Arrival to Museum. Meeting with the leadership of the museum - ussually ex officer of the missile base.
- Update on the history of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher in Pervomaisk in a pavillion with many exibits.
- Sightseeing of the premices of the base including passage through 150 meters long underground corridor.
- Take a lift 12 floors down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center. (Lift can barely fit three people so with a big group it might take time for everybody to take it).
- Visit rest area for the officers and climb one floor up to the control center - where the lounching equipment with "THE BUTTON" was located.
- Look at the guards bunkers, silo's lead, trucks and at impressive SS-18 "Satan" Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
- On the way back to Kiev we make a stop for lunch at one of the cafes. Arrival back time 4-5 p.m.